commercial fridge

hi guys i got a problem with a comercial 2 door fridge.the problem is the customer is complaining that it is not coming down to temp as the old one did.when i arrived on site the temp was 3 celcius when you open the door the temp jumps to10 .it will then start to come back down ok .there is ice forming on the back of the fridgethis has happened 2 or 3 times so far.it is used for storing vegetables mainly and is opened and closed mumerous times a day any ideas ANYONE sorry so long a message but quite a problem

rbartlett Guest

Re: commercial fridge

is it a forced air or a static coil??

cheers

richard

What is it? A Williams, Foster

When door opens, warm air sweeps in, the temp will go up

Worse if its in hot kitchen, then if door left open coil will ice up as well

If ice in back, then wont reach design temp

You need to give lot more info
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

OK, lets start with the obvious. does the evap fan run when you open the door and press the doorswitch? is there more than one fan? do they both run the same way? is the unit so full of veg that there is no airflow around the inside? what is the stat set for? what kind of defrost timer (if any) is fitted? look and think, double door fridges are toys. in short much more info required.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

?????????? where has my signature gone? ????????????/
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

You need to write a " novel" first, before you are granted that benefit!!!

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

thanks for your replies i know it not a complicated system but i have never come across this before.i think it is a gram fridge but is rebadged as polar.both fans do run when you open the door and press the micro switch for that fan.they both run the same way.there is enough room in the fridge for airflow.the stat is set for 3 celcius.the query i have is this if i removed the door switch for the fans would this make any difference also the veg is stored in water could this also be a problem.it is in a chineese restaurant ambient is quite high not sure exactly what. could i fit a blower/air curtain above the doors connected to the door switch. any feedback much appreciated.
    Last edited by sean1; 10-11-2005 at 10:42 PM.

help please

hi if it is a chinese rest.is this fridge in the kitchen and the temperature (ambient) very high,i would checked the condenser this could be block and it is running on a higher pressure try cleaning the condenser on second tough tell the chinese cook not to put to much on the top shelf better still lower the top shelf a couple of step this might help

Have you checked the drain off the evap
    there must be some sort of liquid on the back wall for ice to form.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Heres one. Tap the back of the cabinet from the outside where the ice is forming. Does the insulation sound ok??

I've heard of cabinets where there are hollow spots in the foam.

If there is get some space invader, drilla small hole and give it a blast. Then just pop a rivet in to seal the hole and wack a service lable on it.