Mr Slim Power Board Failure Advice.

Hi

I have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim P125VHA21 outdoor unit with an E6 code.
    With Mitsubishi technical help I found the Rush resistor blown on the Noise Filter board.
    I managed to change the 22 ohm resistor but it blew again when connected.
    So I looked at the Power board and this had a short on the input. (Should have checked that first!).
    Mitsubishi recommend changing the power board and as a precaution the Active Filter Module.

Before I spend £500 on the 2 boards I would like to know if others have had this before and is any thing else that’s worth checking?

The units only 4 years old but looks like its had a new compressor at some stage. It’s at a shop which has been empty for a year so anything else to check before switch on.

I’m an Aircraft Electrician with British Midland by trade and only delved into Air Con recently so grateful of any advice.

Cheers

Simon

Re: Mr Slim Power Board Failure Advice.

VHA = outdoor unit 230V, 1 phase, 50Hz
    Units produced in 2009 / 2010 had problem with PCB (failure after few months of working )

I had problem with 2 x PUHZ-RP100VKA + 1 x PUHZ-P140VHA3

Repairing PCB : little people know how to repair ( PCB = for average technician is black box )

Mitsubishi split system no display intermittent
    Worked on a split system recently and it was working ok with a td of 12 degrees however in the past few months there has been an instance where the display on controller goes blank and does not come back on until mains power is reset via the outdoor isolator. Any ideas what could be causing the fault all interconnecting and mains and controller wiring has been checked for loose connections suspect faulty indoor or outdoor pcb ???

Test the s2 on the cassette for voltage while your controllers blank if it's 240 v your isolator is the cause of the problem , I have had this loads of times on splits that might be the cause of all your woes

Check the dates on the previous post !!
    And 240v on S2 is no neutral..
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

i have a PEAD-RP125JALQ Mr Slim Concealed Unit, which it worked for a couple of days on cooling mode and everything was perfect till the outdoor unit stopped working for an unknown reason, no error code shown on the remote controller, i turned the unit on , the indoor unit work like a fan and the outdoor unit is not working, i checked everything from the refrigerant pressure to the wiring connection, testing the voltage, changing the remote controller, changing the outdoor and indoor electrical boards, i even changed the control cable between the indoor and outdoor, today i tried to change the mode to heat and it worked, it doesnt work on cool mode... if anyone can help i will appreciate it noting that im an engineer working with mitsubishi electric lebanon for 5 years and never had this problem before usually its all about an error code like "check F1 U2....etc..."

il postino,

Please excuse my ignorance but what are the temperatures like in Lebanon at the moment?

Normally when these things happens, unit operates in one mode but not the other without any fault codes, it is trying to run outside it's design parameters.

If the temperatures are OK then it is likely that either the outdoor ambient sensor or the indoor sensor is faulty or not connected.
    Normally an open circuit sensor gives a reading of something like -86ºC, as a result it would probably not start in cooling mode.

Happy hunting.

put it in cooling mode and hit the test button twice within 2 seconds- system should run in cooling- and display coil temp where it previously displayed return air temp

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    il postino,

Please excuse my ignorance but what are the temperatures like in Lebanon at the moment?

Normally when these things happens, unit operates in one mode but not the other without any fault codes, it is trying to run outside it's design parameters.

If the temperatures are OK then it is likely that either the outdoor ambient sensor or the indoor sensor is faulty or not connected.
    Normally an open circuit sensor gives a reading of something like -86ºC, as a result it would probably not start in cooling mode.

Happy hunting.

10x for the reply bro, the temperature here is about 33ºC, it worked fine the first 3 days after that i tried the test run for 2 hours and it worked perfect,i checked the sensors everything is normal and i think when i have a sensor problem i should read a P1,P2 or P9 error code on the remote

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    put it in cooling mode and hit the test button twice within 2 seconds- system should run in cooling- and display coil temp where it previously displayed return air temp
    can u explain please what do you mean by "display coil temperature where it previously displayed return air temperature"

the p1,p2,p9 error will only appear when the sensor is out of range either shorted or open circuit-it could just be giving a low value so just fooling the system- in test run ur bypassing the return air thermistor
    Quote Originally Posted by il postino View Post
    10x for the reply bro, the temperature here is about 33ºC, it worked fine the first 3 days after that i tried the test run for 2 hours and it worked perfect,i checked the sensors everything is normal and i think when i have a sensor problem i should read a P1,P2 or P9 error code on the remote

the p1,p2,p9 error will only appear when the sensor is out of range either shorted or open circuit-it could just be giving a low value so just fooling the system- in test run ur bypassing the return air thermistor
    i changed the indoor and outdoor controller board...u know its like installing a new unit! i'll double check the sensors tomorrow

what controller do you have ? par 21,par30

what controller do you have ? par 21,par30
    par 21 controller

par 30- few manuals for resistor checks- you can interogate the indoor controller-as i know a par21 you can check values but on a par 30 ive not tried yet
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2r3xhgmgy3g9c7t
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?34qms68u7kqt5bt

par 30- few manuals for resistor checks- you can interogate the indoor controller-as i know a par21 you can check values but on a par 30 ive not tried yet
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2r3xhgmgy3g9c7t
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?34qms68u7kqt5bt
    i appreciate ur help, the last 2 days i was working so hard on the problem and i tested many PEAD-RP125JALQ and PEAD-RP100JALQ units and its all the same problem, here in lebanon we still use the R22 refrigerant (PEH serie) so the PEAD is new to the market and we didnt make a handover for any PEAD unit.
    i noticed that the unit is working only when the inside temperature is higher than 28ºC, 27 and lower its impossible to work, i changed many sensors first and its the same, i change the sensor location to the remote controller also the same, its the same with all the units in my stock the unit only work when i blow air from my mouth to the sensor...i really need a help to know if it's a common problem or its just some settings that i have to change so the unit will work when the temperature is at 19.noting that the units are made in UK not Thailand.