Info needed on compressor repair

I have a reach in freezer that has a Copeland 1HP compressor (model # KAKB-011E-CAV) that has developed a refrigerant leak at one of the terminal posts. The post has become loose allowing refrigerant leaks around where it passes through the compressor casing. Are these posts replaceable or can the existing post be secured again so that it does not leak? The end plate has not yet been removed to inspect the post from inside the compressor housing.

I would prefer to repair the post if possible as compared to a complete compressor replacement. Any help will be greatly appreciated as the compressor does a good job when the gas stays in the system.

Thank you.

Re: Info needed on compressor repair

Try compressor rebuilders, even a used part can do. Do not forget the seal.

So these terminals should be replaceable whether with new or used? And possibly a re-builder could supply a new terminal kit? Yes, will need a new gasket on the end plate.

Thanks

You might not need to take the end plate off, the only one i did had wires long enough to unbolt the terminal plate and get at them with needle nose pliers, make a note of where they go, and the resistances before you start so if they get mixed up you'll be able to work it out. Get a new gasket or o ring to seal it with.
    If you do need to take the end plate off you''ll need some more oil too as it will run out.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Thanks MS.