Hey Guys,

Need some help with a General Electric side by side domestic fridge freezer. My freind has been going through a rough patch with his 2 year old spending 18 months of his life in hospital. I normally work on commercial equipment but when he asked for help i couldn't say no.

His General Electric TFG27PFXA side by side did a compressor last week. I replaced the comp but once running found the capillary blocked. Sized a capillary to the compressor and replaced it but the system does not work properly.

When charging with the 177g listed on the plate it apears to be running low on gas and doesn't drop the cabinet temp. As i put in more gas the head pressure goes up and the freezer door mullion heats up so much it would burn your fingers. As soon as i drop some gas the cabinet stops dropping in temp again.

Can any one help with capillary size for this model fridge or is there something with domestic stuff i'm missing. The compressor was a straight swap however it is an Australian version with different pipe locations. other than that it seems the same.

Any info would be great.

Cheers,