Thread: Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak

This is a belated but a happy Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim members

Hope you all had a super , great day after the long month of fasting

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Re: Eid Mubarak

Thanks Ayuib,
    malik55

Thanks Abe , Happy Fitr to you to .
    Although I'm not muslim but this Eid (holiday) have it's own spirit in Lebanon , all are involved

And from my part Happy Fitr to all the forum muslim members or who, like me shares the happiness of this day with their fellow citizens.
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

engazaym Guest

Thanks evry body
    eid mobark , i hope next year is beter for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien
    Johnny Vaughn got stuck dry in the UAE recently, something about the month of pompadon?

ooops I must have clicked Edit instead of Quote!!!

I was saying........

" That will teach him to check his Moon Maps next time he plans his trips!!!

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

And what does Pompadon have to do with Eid Ul Fitre???

And someone tell me what is a Pompadon??

Quote Originally Posted by botrous
    Thanks Abe , Happy Fitr to you to .
    Although I'm not muslim but this Eid (holiday) have it's own spirit in Lebanon , all are involved

And from my part Happy Fitr to all the forum muslim members or who, like me shares the happiness of this day with their fellow citizens.

Im glad you enjoyed the festivities Boutros...........at the end of the day, we are all one brotherhood under the same umbrella......

I wish everyone enjoys each others festivals, which can only bring us all closer together

Im glad you enjoyed the festivities Boutros
    I always do

at the end of the day, we are all one brotherhood under the same umbrella......

I wish everyone enjoys each others festivals, which can only bring us all closer together
    EXACTLY . . . . . .
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

what is a Pompadon ????

what is a Pompadon ????
    I think it is a pompadonisme, here maybe used in a slightly different way.

Pompadonisme is not used much today, anyway, it should be found in older encyclopaedias between "pomo" and "pompano"

Whatever it is , you still dont say what it is??

clownblade Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    And someone tell me what is a Pompadon??

Easy, this is a circular device used for dipping in mango chutney or that bright green lime yoghurt stuff you get with all curries these days. hope this helps.

Still didn't understand what it is

rbartlett Guest

I believe there is confusion between

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/ramadan1.html

a religious festival

and

http://www.indianfoodsco.com/Submit/Papadas.htm

a tasty snack

easily done !!

cheers

Richard

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You mean...........POPADOM

Shows hes not the GENIUS he cracks himself out to be.........!!!

You mean...........POPADOM
    What is POPADOM ??? sorry I'm not familiar with english notations about the Ramadan fasting and the Eid el Fitr el Moubarak

POPPADOM stands for People Out Practising Paperfolding And Dining On Masala. It's a club for people who enjoy both origami and Indian meals, ideally, both at the same time! POPPADOM is part of a wider organisation known as BOGS (British Origami Gourmet Society), who organise Chinese and italian evenings, amongst others! Membership is free, but a commitment to good eating and even better folding is essential.

http://www.poppadom.org.uk/

or

A COLLECTION OF CLOTHES, JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES,
    CLASSICALLY DESIGNED AND LOVINGLY HANDMADE IN INDIA

http://www.poppadomdesign.com/

or

Popadoms

Chilli flavour, 1 Packet £1.29

http://www.curryrecipe.co.uk/pickles.html

which one it is ????
    Last edited by botrous; 08-11-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Popadoms

Chilli flavour, 1 Packet £1.29

http://www.curryrecipe.co.uk/pickles.html

which one it is ????

Is this one Boutros...........its made of.......( sh.......I forgot to ask the wifey!! )

Anyway, its round and crispy, and you eat it like a savoury, well bite bits of it, it makes you dry and thirsty....... so that pint will go down............fast

Its normally eaten with a rice dish.

Picture will follow

Thanks Abe . . . . waiting to see the picture so I see if I ate some here without knowing the name . . . .