ETS tax on refrigerants

Advised today from supplier that ETS tax will on a jug of R404a refrigerant will be in 2013 $444.00., 2014 $592.00 and 2015 $888.00, these figures do not include sales tax existing levies and the cost of refrigerant.

Re: ETS tax on refrigerants

can u stockpile it or will u get fined for that too

Emissions trading Scheme. We are in for a bumpy ride and it won't stop at R404a.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Magoo
    I looked at pricing of this last year and was shocked, I think something like 2012 - $95 for the gas tax, $25 for refrigeant R404a Plus GST per kilogram, also a cylinder charge. How much gas are you going to get in NZ for your prices? is it a kG or jug.

Hi Telsa
    the 404a price is based on a 10.9 kg jug, the highest was 507 at $932 per 11kg per jug. Plus cost of refrigerant on top of that.

I went on a 2 day training course last year where the 'trainer' came over from Denmark to give us a heads up on the latest products and he was quite surprised that we could buy refrigerant in the UK for as little as £130 a 13kg bottle. He said that in Denmark, with taxes it was more like £800- 1000 or the equivalent in local currency.......

just for curiosity i don't intend to sound stupid but what are the prices like for HC's and R744, R717 etc?
    are they trying to force the HFC refrigerants out of the market so in the long term people would rather install plant containing natural refrigerants rather than plant containing HFC'S.
    obviously with the price of the HFC's servicing costs are higher, install costs are higher and wouldn't this as the saying goes force the hand.
    Just a thought i may be a million miles off with this !!!!!
    your only as good as your last job

Hi Coldman,
    you are right on the button, major supermarket chains are going to CO 2 systems and large processors are staying with ammonia, or converting back to ammonia. Its the mid sized companies and commercial type people that have gone through the greif and expense of converstion from R 22 to R 404a that will get hammered. Ammonia is around $6.00 dollars a kg

theres got to be a method in the madness somwhere.
    your only as good as your last job

Hi Coldman.
    there is definitly madness envolved, and the method/madness is taxation. I agree there has to be something done for the enviroment. The Al Gores'of the world have highlighted the extent of the issues. And seems the only effective method is tax everyone out of business. I cannot help feeling that the Wall Street people have cottoned onto a real money maker trading in carbon credits, add to that individual gov't s can see cash flow in the concept as well

As much as some environmentalists want it, carbon credits won't see the light of day here in any big way for years to come. No common good will come from our PM for sure. He works for the oil companies.