Grasso screw coupling alignment

Has anyone seen a procedure or instruction on how to go about alignment of Grasso screw compressor coupling.
    I've never aligned one with the independant adjustable feet, so want to go about it the right way

Thanks in advance

Re: Grasso screw coupling alignment

Hi, I did one a while ago, but I don't have a document. From memory they have a nyloc nut on top, another large nut & lock nut on the bottom & the adjustable spindle with the hex on top. Not syaying that I did it right, but I loosened off all the large lock nuts, nut & nylock. Check that none of the spindles are loose compared to the others (soft foot). Raise / lower evenly the two back or two front mounts as needed. Oh, forgot about the horizontal jacking screws but they are pretty straight forward. Watch to make sure any of the vertical adjustments don't become slack. Pretty sure I then held the spinde in place, tightened up the nut on the bottom, pulled down the large nyloc on the top, then ran the locknuts home. Reckon anti-seize helps the whole process, but I say that about everything

Quote Originally Posted by HVACRsaurus View Post
    Hi, I did one a while ago, but I don't have a document. From memory they have a nyloc nut on top, another large nut & lock nut on the bottom & the adjustable spindle with the hex on top. Not syaying that I did it right, but I loosened off all the large lock nuts, nut & nylock. Check that none of the spindles are loose compared to the others (soft foot). Raise / lower evenly the two back or two front mounts as needed. Oh, forgot about the horizontal jacking screws but they are pretty straight forward. Watch to make sure any of the vertical adjustments don't become slack. Pretty sure I then held the spinde in place, tightened up the nut on the bottom, pulled down the large nyloc on the top, then ran the locknuts home. Reckon anti-seize helps the whole process, but I say that about everything

Thanks, I'm sure its resonably straight forward, but they have a document for everything else so hoping someone out there can put their finger on it, if there is one.
    Also would be helpful if someone has torque setting on compressor taperlock coupling bolts for different size couplings etc.
    Have looked on Grasso web site but could'nt find anything

Hi Ranger1.
    Grasso have on there web site downloadable stuff if you registar, personally they are overly complicated screws and dislike them intensly, on board oil pumps, undersized oil filters and friggen expensive, only worked on a cloes coupled motor arrangement and a right pain in the arz, give me mycom anyday.

Thanks Magoo,
    Have searched Grasso navigator but can't find anything in their manuals.
    They seem to repeat a lot of stuff ver & over, but can't find anything in regards to what I want.
    I carry a lot of manuals , but Grasso is not one of them, as its to much scattered info for one compressor.
    Not complaining about their web site, as others have zip like Frick.

Hi Ranger, is this what you are looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks cricri, that what I was after

Would you also have anything on compressor taperlock clamping bolt torque settings?

yes but easier to send by mail, please send me your Email by private message
    thanks