Daikin Altherma HT - Mounted on floor or wall

Hi All,

We're having a Daikin Altherma HT installed next week.

I've looked into insuring (on house insurance) the heat pump and hydrobox, as both will be located outside.

My insurance company want to charge £100+ if the heat pump is free standing! However, it would be covered for free if it's physcially attached to the house.

I'm considering mounting the outdoor unit on the wall with a bracket, also to get the 300mmm clearance.

I've heard the outdoor unit can resonate through the wall...is this true and should I avoid this?

We have solid stone rubble walls roughly 0.6m thick.

Thanks

Re: Daikin Altherma HT - Mounted on floor or wall

As long as your installer use proper fixings and you don't put it on a bedroom wall you should be OK.
    In order of preference you should get it installed on a garage/cloakroom/toilet/kitchen wall.

Re: Daikin Altherma HT - Mounted on floor or wall

Hi not sure whether you have done this but here goes , if you use unistrut with 2 floorplates on the ground and then use some m8 allthread into your wall to form a structure of 2 vertical rails , then put 2 cantilevers attached to the structure (only) then mount the unit on the cantilevers, the majority of the weight of the unit will be transfer to the floor thus greatly relieving any noise issues i Use this method with splits in a domestic scenario. any probs drop us a line and i will do you a quick sketch. Andy