Thread: Thermography

Question Thermography

Hi Everyone,,,,,
    Can we use the thermography cameras for predictive maintenance of our fan motors, compressors. If so please share with me ur experiences....

regards:

Re: Thermography

Of course you can and its a very good tool for maintenance.
    When you decide which camera to buy, ask the manufacturer to send you all the data, BEFORE YOU BUY!

I recommend Flir, i use it for almost a year and it is very good. They are not cheap!

Wombat uses his for multiple tasks !

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...hp?albumid=115
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

For normal maintenance they are great for finding things like overheating bearings, undersized cables and loose electrical connections.
    Not to mention to see if your applied cooling has the desired effect, i.e. thing like if the servers in a server room has a uniform temperature.

As CC said, make sure the camera you choose has good resolution in the temperature range you are likely to use it in.
    (There is no good having a camera with a range of 0-10000*C and a colour step of 100*C if you are looking for 1*C temp differentials)

But they got other uses as well...

Guys, I want to use the camera for houses and buildings for heat loss which is quite general as well as equipment temps. I only care that a report can be made of it and see it in real time as well. I have seen Flukes from $2500 to $14,000 and i suppose that the Flir will be similar.

Which models do you use and is there anything lacking that is really important?

Also Viking, the girlfriend asks if you can take a pic of the dogs paws and tummy. she is big into agility and dog health with our Nova Scotia duck toller.

Mike,
    I have the Flir i50 excellent camera, The model called today EBX, check on flir's website, you can also download there useful information that will help you choose the rite camera for the job.