mitsubishi split aircon msh-26sv - can't find problem in layperson operating manual

This is a 6-7 yo aircon that already had compressor replaced once just within 5y warrantee. Last night, for the first time ever, I foolishly decided to set the clock. Now remote still shows & changes display but won't turn aircon on. Left indicator light on the unit is off & the right one is constantly blinking. Nothing happens when when I press the emergency on button. Circuit breaker is on. Wonder if I should try turning it on & off again or does this job need a proper tech? Is it likely to be the compressor again?
    Ofcourse it's Sunday today! & Ofcourse it's going to be a hot 36 degrees.
    Please help.

Re: mitsubishi split aircon msh-26sv - can't find problem in layperson operating manu

hi there possibly sounds like its telling you a fault code if its flashing would recommend noting if the flashing is in a sequence ie flashes five times then stops for few seconds then starts again. If so re post your findings. Then i would try resetting the power to see if the unit will come back on.

cheers

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: mitsubishi split aircon msh-26sv - can't find problem in layperson operating manu

Whilst setting the clock did you also set the timer ?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Joj View Post
    Left indicator light on the unit is off & the right one is constantly blinking. Nothing happens when when I press the emergency on button.
    the indicator lights mean that the unit is in emergency heating mode.
    First switch off the circuit breaker wait 30 seconds and then switch back on.
    Next use a pen and press the reset button under the flap on the remote.
    After 3 minutes try using the remote on the unit again and set to cooling on 18deg c
    Is the unit making a beep sound when you press any of the remote buttons?