Husky C-10 Display Cabinet, need a replacment Thermostat were from??

Hi all
    Got a customer with a husky c-10 merchandiser cab, with a duff stat, these are located on the top door mullion, and are a flush fit, wilt a phile about a meter long, operation is by turning with a screw driver , no knob.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a replacement please..

Thanks in advance
    Pat..

Re: Husky C-10 Display Cabinet, need a replacment Thermostat were from??

Is this for a standard Husky C10 double door upright fridge? If so can u not just fit a standard ranco stat? if its a different fitting etc to standard stats get the model and serial number and try these huskytechnicalservices.com or as catering or pentland etc and get the orignal one.
    Last edited by Northdude; 20-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks for the reply, in answer, i have contacted Husky today, who now no longer hold spares for there product!!, its now been outsourced to capital cooling, who i rang, who sadly have not got any parts in stock due to the fact that they have just taken over the control of the spares responsibility, the guy on the phone , bless him, could not find no reference to a stat for the c-10, in fact he could find no reference to any thermostat to any husky display cab!!!.

So on that note i have ordered up a ranco vb7 and will have to fit it to either the external top, or try to mount it to the internal, some were i don't know, as the original is mounted behind the l/h door top mullion, and is a flush fit with no protruding adjuster knob, as there is no space to fit a universal, this is why i wanted a original if possible, rather than bodge the job...

Thanks for your comment ..

Regards
    pat...

No problem, must be pretty old as i havent stumbled over one of them stats before, its a nightmare when you gotta make adjustments when you cannot get orignal parts but the customer will prefer a bodge anyday rather than shell out hundreds for a new cabinet (well most of mine would anyway)

My sentiments, its not good having to plonk a bit on the side, but its the cheap option, the cab suprisingly is a 2008 model, !!

hey ho.... thats the budget range for you....

Pat

I would fit a Ranco commercial stat on top of the cabinet with adjustable dif as from experience stats can be a pain, cutting out premature, icing up, a whole new host of problems can be created, fit a Ranco like I say and you have full control, you can control by air temperature or evap temperature, that is what I did on my last Husky.

You can get spares for the c range from AHT 01280 826600, ask for Darren, he's helped me out loads in the past and knows his stuff.