Phase Failure Protection

If one phase is lost, the overload device normally trips out stopping the compressor

I believe that I can fit an additional control that will do the same , ie, detect phase loss

Would like a picture or source to see what it looks like

Im also keen to find out about 3 phase rotation control, which will detect if phases have been switched around

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Re: Phase Failure Protection

Hello Aiyub.

This what I use.

Http://www.phasefale.com.au./Product/MP15.htm

Thx Temp

Useful info......
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    If one phase is lost, the overload device normally trips out stopping the compressor

Im also keen to find out about 3 phase rotation control, which will detect if phases have been switched around

R S Components do a range of such devces. Clips onto a top-hat or din rail as I recall.
    ________
    how to roll joints
    Last edited by Argus; 07-02-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

RS as stated carry phase protectors, etc. Try RS stock no. 511-9008 - this is a Broyce Phase Failure, Phase Sequence and Under Voltage device for about £50... can't be bad

You could always get a rotation check PCB from Toshiba, they fit them as a descrete board into their RAV condensing units.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 31-10-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thx Brian

I think RS have opened a place in Leicester I believe.........somewhere near Troon Ind Est

Have a look at this one Abe - available from CEF or AC Electrical etc. http://www.martindale-electric.co.uk/misc.htm

ACR News for November carried an article on the PSF 2256 by EDC which gives both phase failure and incorrect phase rotation protection. Quoted tel no: 01189 842040
    Alan B.

clownblade Guest

Using my vast intellect i decided to solve your problem. this was done by typing "phase protection" into my google search engine. the results were quite astounding, 39,700,000 matches in less than 0.07 seconds. the most lamen friendly of these was "phaselossprotection.com". hope this helps.

As they say.......

Theres one in every village

clownblade Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    As they say.......

Theres one in every village

No seriously, www.phaselossprotection.com there are loads of them. these devices are becoming more commonplace every day. mostly fitted to water chillers but even small split ac systems in case people have difficulty in seeing which way a fan is running.

And so it is............

I had a look, great stuff

Thanks mate, good site.......