anyone tried this?

Or anything like it?

I'm looking for a DDC controller (yes, I still am) and i need something fully configurable and would prefer non universal outputs so i can save on relays. TAC works for this but it is costly.

http://www.oemctrl.com/tools.html#eikon

Re: anyone tried this?

Can you not get Pilko to knock one up for you, He must owe a favour or 2

haha, i left him an email but haven't heard back.

BTW, on his system, which is quite the installation, he has some neat ideas (I saw it in Dec) there is some frost on the accumulator at defrost but only about 1-2" up and no more.

I think he should be pretty rapped with what he has got, after all the negatives he received!

Hi Mike
    Have you checked out distech or innotech? Distech seem to be the choice for independent controls companies in Ausie. As for the universal I/Os they can be of advantage - with the trend system we could use one AO as 4 or 6 DIs with what they called an RM4 or RM6 (relay module) which switches relays on or off depending on the analogue voltage level, there are also relay cards for AI to 4 or 6 DIs. This could save a few bucks on the controller. It really depends on the application and communication protocol requirements. Also just my 5 cents worth - on a daily basis I dial into several BMS on site or off site with 3g wireless (4g is newer and faster) which is very helpful, like a virtual service call.

I looked at Distech but not Innotech. I see the point, from a manufacturing perspective of having output relays as well as a couple of 0-10Vdc outputs included. The difference in cost from a universal I/O controller to one like the TAC with integrated stuff can easily be made up in install time and also in trouble shooting. Looking at the Distech website, I haven't been able to see any pictures of the relay packages provided by them only how to configure them.

The communication protocol is where I get all mixed up. I honestly don't know the ups and downs of LON vs BACnet but from what I have read i have to choose one system over another and I would like to stick with one brand of hardware. This is why i am taking so long to make a decision.

Hi
    you could try, kmc,alerton,danfoss mcx ,
    i have had good experience with all including the costly tac !
    good luck
    THE DEFINITION OF A SMART PERSON IS ONE WHOM LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES!!!

OK Mike I see your point (pun intended)
    There are some cheep generic IO boards out there which will do the job for a single unit/system. Where the comms come in is only if a bunch of units or systems need to work together/talk to each other which will need a comms cable connected to each. Many or possibly a majority of units will have a comms chip on the PCB usually LON (ECHLON) you should check this with the main units that you install or work on. For open proticol you have a choice of three systems - Tridium, Bacnet or OPC. All three require license fees per amount of points. My personal choice is Tridium then Bacnet. You don't need to use any comms for a single unit apart from hooking up to a laptop (with program installed) for programming purposes.
    Let us know what prices you have in mind for what application and the prices you have found so far. The Innotech system is geared for AC techs with no programming experience and provide controllers which don't require a laptop, where Distech needs a laptop but has much greater expandability and complexity if required.

As tesla said Innotech are pretty good. made by fridgeys for fridges and great back up. not sure how many I/O s you need. look them up on the net. Innotech.com.au. TAC= Take ALL Cash

Guys, the ideal control I need should have 12-14 analog Inputs (all for thermisters) and a couple of digital inputs for pressure switches. The outputs should include 2-4, 0-10VDC for mixing valves or dampers and 4-6 relay outputs with 2A capabilities. A couple of the Chinese products have most of this but the way they word things, i cannot tell if their analog input allows for a thermister or a 0-10vdc signal. Given the cheap cost, it is worth blowing one up just to find out LOL. They also are either 120-240VAC power supply or 24VDC....not 24Vac which I would like.

"Reliable Controls" offer a stand alone - may suit your needs. (couldn't find them mentioned above)

Yes, Reliable and KMC are the standards around here. There are a few issues with the big boys which usually means you have to go throughdealers, pay alot for the program, most have universal I/Os so there needs to be relays and signal conditioners for each point (depending on what you want to do). They are configurable but in the end, the final price is pretty high.

Because you lost my post somehow Mike,
    stock quoted Unitronics, www.unitronics.com (widely used by very big brands like Coc Cola,..),
    www.tri-plc.com, (we have some running of these)
    http://sielcosistemi.com/en/products/index.html
    http://www.kep.com/
    http://www.theautomationlink.com/Kinco.html

PS Can you resend your PM message, INbox was full ;-)
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks Peter, I will study them ad nauseum, as usual