Maximum allowed pressure drop in discharge line

Hello,

Anybody know about the limit of pressure drop in discharge line?

Some one told me that is 2 bar, but coolpack software recommends 3 bar as the maximum pressure drop.

What's the consideration? Discharge temperature?

Thanks!

Re: Maximum allowed pressure drop in discharge line

Hi wilson,

3 bar or even 2 bar is too much!! I think we are talking about a gas compression system on a refrigerant plant, right?

Of course it will work if is inside the operating limits envelope. However the compressor will spend more energy, delivery less capacity and more wear will occur on the compressor parts. Also, as you said the discharge temperature will increase which will promote the wear and oil damage. If you accept so much pressure loss you can buy a smaller condenser and increase one or two discharge pipe sections.

Also all depends of the length of the pipe but I usual use a total pressure loss of 0,5K...0,8K equivalent temperature. The correspondent pressure depends of the refrigerant but whatever it is it is lower than 2 bar.

If I was you I would consider a value around 0,5 bar, as maximum. But this is my criterion.

Regards
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

I count with the equivalent of only 1K!! As Sandro stated, your compressor will be consuming ways too much with even 0,5 bar pressure drop. The less the better is my advice.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Apart from Sandro and Peter_1 recomendations, there is also factor such noise, witch partly depends on gas velocity. As regards me, I count velocity not more 16 m/s at full capacity.
    In some places will have to think ...

16 m/s...I only use for large diameters.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better