leak detection agent

got some leaks [small] on a cold store 4 evaps r22 100 hp grasso,want to add some agent to try to locate pretty sure the leaks are on evaps but access is dificult traffic etc was hoping to try to speed up the process any reccomendations.

Re: leak detection agent

Hi Cadwaladr.
    I have used spectroline on coldstore evaps to great success in the past, particularly on a R22 system.

The UV Lamps can be shone on the evaps from a safety cage and in a low light any leaks are well indicated.
    How happy your customer may be when his evap coils are proven to be sieves, I am not so sure about?
    I even made up a dosing fitting for adding it via a Grasso oil gauge line.
    Much cleaner than some methods of adding the spectroline. As many have said before you need to be ultra clean when adding it or your plant room, equipment and kit glow green.
    Cheers Grizzly.

Iif you want to use it, I can send you mine, I dont use it any more,

use spectroline as a last resort as every time u work on that system ur gonna get ur gauge lines and yourself covered in dye, it is handy though

thanks for the offer chemi but we are not close,yes i know that this stuff will go everywhere if care is not taken and as for the evaps looking like radioactive isotopes that is the chance worth taking the plant is due a refit but the money is hiding behind the common sense door and will not come out,we dont have a major leak but with the cost of this stuff r22r we need to nail the leak,on the adaptor we have a selection of spares so could make one but we can put it in via a close access point to the evap piping without entering cold store thanks grizzly yours the man who will have no need for a high viz jacket soon lol.