Automatic unloading systems on Vertical Plate Freezers

What do you think about the automatic unloading solutions for VPF?

Do you think that the price increasing is justified? I mean, you can have similar unloading times by manual changing from the freezer to the main transportation belt of the factory, isn't it?

Re: Automatic unloading systems on Vertical Plate Freezers

yes correct the time will be no issue, however these pack are cold and not easy to handle, so automation will be very good. You can unload on top or on bottom. On bottom is easy as the packs will fall down on a belt, however a lot of space is needed. On top you will need an unloader arm which pushes the packs onto the belt.
    computer shooter
    paul deelen
    +31653300739

Blog Entries

Also it is possible to save manpower decrease cost in production
    -Cheers-

Tycho

I agree with you Tycho, but those costs savings are usually more theoretical than real. Once you install an equipment like that, you change loading and unloading operators for other people who check or operate the automatic system, and freezing costs are the same so, my conclusion is that costs savings are not high. Maybe I am making a mistake so I valuate a lot your experience.

I think that if the price increasing can be compensated is because of comfortability. As shooter says, the blocks are big and cold. Also, the temperature of the processing building is not warm

The point is that I get into the Linkedin some days ago and I found in a refrigerating group a company who was promoting their automatic freezer. This is why I asked. I didn't know them before, but the system was very different to the others I know. It was very simple and each freezer could be automatic by itself.

I don't know the price difference with the manual systems, but I will ask.

Only to help you understanding why I am asking, look for a video called "TUCAL Vertical Plate Freezer with automatic unloading.wmv" on the youtube.

I didn't notice they had a video uploaded.

Isn't it different to the other solutions?

There is also a Finnish supplier of soultions for hadeling blocks and also for filling of plate freezers, check out www.mesmec.fi.