Need a correctly sized valve

I mated a Prestcold Condensing Unit
    Model Number PR500/A0089-12-BS

to a 20 kw evaporator, and wrongly specified a size 6 orifice for the Danfoss ext equalised expansion valve.

The valve is overfeeding...............sending liquid all the way down the suction line, all 10 metres of it.

I have turned the valve in and to try and reduce flow through the valve, but not having much effect, now Ive got a clump of ice around the valve body itself.

I need to replace the size 6 orifice with the correct one. Would anyone be able to help tell me the size of orifice I need.

I dont have a data sheet on the capacity of this condensing unit. All I can say is I am using it for a freezer application and using refrigerant R22.

Abe

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Re: Need a correctly sized valve

A rough estimate Aiyub: a PR500 is a 5 HP and gives +/-
    5 kW at -30°C, orifice 04.

A 5HP gives at -10°C +/- 10 kW (double the HP for the kW's)
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Re: Need a correctly sized valve

Thanks Peter

Ill fit a number 4 orifice tomorrow
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.