Thread: Rep Power

Dear Friends ,

What does " Rep Power " means and how it is assigned to members.

Thanks for your cooperation

Kind Regards
    SUMIT

Re: Rep Power

You get a point for every year you've been here, you get a point after some other people like some of your posts/input/advice.

What does it mean? Nothing really, no beers, women, or cash are awarded at the end of the day...

Also you lose some rep power when you post topics in the completely wrong section.
    Sucks to be you right now.

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for the information , its clear to me now.But is there any way of Liking any user's Post or suggestion except people can appreciate the suggestion and advice by replying or posting in the particular thread.

I know it will not help in generating cash, girls and drinks loll.But still I was confused about the process of Rep Power assignment.

I like Australia and also planning to move there in a year.But unfortunately , Engineers Australia pointed out number of shortcomings in report and asked me to re-submit the application

Cheers

Sumit

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Sumit, at the bottom of each post is a line of symbols after 'blog this post', run your mouse pointer over the 'star' and you can give someone a rep point.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I got my fingers crossed that meg adds to mine :-)

Hi Brian ,

Thanks a lot.This website is a part of my life and thanks for people who crated this and who are regulating it i.e Moderators. But sometime I am afraid to ask questions regarding the field because I feel that if I ask any silly question (basic) then may be my seniors here will get angry about it . I hope you are getting me.

Kind Regards
    Sumit

No ones going to get angry. We may make bad jokes like I did, but the mods will just plod along and help in the end