Home made Air Conditioner

Hi guys need help designing a little home made air con project. Im trying to go for some thing simple and practical that works .
    This is my design bellow .
    Its pretty much a foam rectangle with an old 12v condenser fan motor at the front pulling in air from the box. Inside the box are 6 ice plates . which will be 20mm solid ice 3/4 inch .
    That i sit in my freezer over night in a mold like thing. The plates are fully inclosed and have salty water inside .
    So i can simply take the plates out of the freezer and sit them in the ice box and blow air on me for a few hours.
    Theres also a drain that will drain the condensation after about 1 inch , before it touches the bottom of the plates or the fan.

Does that make sense ?

I need a few questions answered .

Would a system like this have much cooling effect? with around 80% RH

What would the air of temp be?

How long would it last?

Should i make the plates thicker or thinner ?
    Should i have 2 plates or 4, 5 ? . would 6 really thing ones be better but not last aslong ?

Salt water takes longer to freeze but stays colder longer?

Would i be better of getting a refrigerant gas in a closed loop coil under pressure and shoving that in the freezer?

here are a few designs people have been doing for years . pretty much a fan with a coil, pumping cold water paste it. would this work better than mine or any well at all?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ho...H6bymAW-042FCg

Re: Home made Air Conditioner

How big should i make the inlet whole, same size of the fan ? i dont really know the rpm . its a 12volt fan . would i be better to make 3 slits or just a square ?