Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fridgie's van explodes

Hi all.
    out of left feild, but why doesn't some one come up with a screw in plug for acetylene bottles and a screw on cap for Mapp bottles. Similar to ammonia bottles, caps are supplied on a swivel chain attachment. Rather than legislating a fine system. Next we will see bottles straped on ladder racks to keep them ventilated.

The guy at BOC told me the other day it was $40000 fine if caught carrying accetylene without it being vented through the floor[/QUOTE]

Is that for the Fridgie or the company he/she works for? With no mapp gas & not allowed to store gas of any sort in plant rooms on site... Today I left all the gas stuff in the cool room. Do we or should we have vents for any of the other gasses we use?

G'day Tesla. Someone told me years ago that R134a was explosive in the right conditions. So many parts per million, and at a certain temperature, in a closed space. Haven't seen anything more on this.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi Magoo
    We got our own plugs made for the acetylene bottles, they have a chain and a clip that can be attached to the valve guard.
    They are made from the regulator nut with a solid stem similar to that on a regulator.
    We contacted both BOC and Air Liquide but both didn't have much.
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12