Barpol Guest

Hoshizaki F1000MAE-C Compressor

I have an F1000MAE-C sitting on a 350lb bin in my garage. It's been a great machine that my friends and family love for parties. Recently the compressor started to shut down after an hour and the temp close to 300 degrees. I did some troubleshooting and narrowed it down to either the compressor or expansion valve. The expansion valve seems to be operating, because I see the temp coming out of the evap changing. Also, I was told to check the compressor by capping the low side, turning on the compressor and seeing what vacuum is pulled. Once it pulls all it can, it should hold that vacuum and not bleed down. Well it pulled 25 inches of vacuum and then bled down to zero, in less than 1 minute. So I was told the valves were most likely worn. Here's my dilemma. I'm not a restaurant or business and I have a friend of the family doing the charging and work for free. Is there anywhere I can find a Compressor for this thing that's not $1000? I'd even settle for a used or comparable compressor. It's a Copeland REK3-0125-PFV-722. My HVAC friend is busy running his business, so he only has minimal time to deal with my refrigeration problem. I can get some of his suppliers to talk with me, but most want him to call, which I do understand, but hate troubling him. I’d love to cut to the chase and find an inexpensive replacement. Thanks for any input.

Re: Hoshizaki F1000MAE-C Compressor

Try contacting www.hoshizakiice.com

Try Ebay.com Every now and then you can find a good deal

How inexpensive does the compressor need to be?