Which new Domestic Refrigerators do not contain R600a

Our domestic fridge has just packed up after 25 years service. Need to replace it but concerned after reading reports about the explosions and fires caused by the use of R600a in domestic fridges (now used because 'green' people were worried about the gases used in the older fridges not being ozone friendly). Personally, I feel less worried about the green issue, than having a possible 'time bomb' in the kitchen. Some of the reports I read were at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-freezer-rec... also another report : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1ex6Vo292 - Plus the fact, we’ve heard of a poor family who just lost their home to fire this month, which was caused by the fridge exploding! We're having a problem locating details on the internet, of which gas each manufacturer, is using in their fridges. Does anyone know of any new fridges that do not contain this R600a? – or, if we have no choice – what precautions must be observed if replacing the R600a by another gas.
    Thanks and respect -

Re: Which new Domestic Refrigerators do not contain R600a

daewoo twin american style-r134a!!!!!
    beko's had auto ignition,defrost timers!

Rangemaster, Daewoo, LG, hotpoint,Frigidaire , smeg, maytag,amana,aga, whirlpool all do fridges that on r134a

Thank you install monkey and tonto33 for your expertise and guidance

If you venture to inspect the spray cans containg,deodorant and squirty type cream,spray polish,de icer and many other similar household canned spray products,r600, isobutane/propane is used as the propellant, all around most houses,little bombs waiting to accelerate any fire,so dont have nightmares.
    Was a part time firefighter and they used to pop that type of can into a controlled blaze during training,blimey was most peoples reaction when seeing the ball of flame which would fill a couple of telephone boxes
    easily.
    When changing compressors I have used a bunsen burner to burn off gas (Co2 instead!) rather than let it off into atmosphere,as it is heavier than air if I'm in an area whwere there may be naked lights or sunken floors etc.
    Might carry a frying pan and a pack pf bacon,shame to waste it!
    The blooming stuff is everywhere,,progress I suppose
    Last edited by spimps; 02-12-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

Don't panic eh? Thanks for the level headed reply spimps. Keep safe -

So how common are the exploding fridges with the R600a? I've never really heard of this happening in the US. Are there any actual documented cases of the leaking refrigerant causing the explosion?