Bitzer semi-hermetic 6F40-2y and 6G30-2Y manual/parts list help sought !

Hi folks

I have some duo packs using 3 x 6F40-2Y on LT (minus 20) and 3 x 6G30-2Y (chill) and am trying to get hold of manaul and / or parts lists.
    Have googled without sucess and can't find em on Bitzer site.
    Packs built 2003

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Also trying to source a spare discharge stop/check valve for same pack. These are installed after the discharge shut-off valve on the compressor in a verticle dropper which goes onto the discharge header (which commons up all the discharges)
    Details on a tag on the valve are:-
    Ref. France.
    DN 32
    PS 25
    Type: Z-DS
    Serial: 42328
    Tear: 2003

The valve still shuts but the check valve function has failed.

As always - any help appreciated

Regards
    Tony

Re: Bitzer semi-hermetic 6F40-2y and 6G30-2Y manual/parts list help sought !

All our racks use Bitzers with no discharge check valves on each comp, the compressors valve plate will provide the pressure difference and is only an issue should a discharge valve fail in which case it is easy to detect.

As for the info you need if you are looking for manuals on the racks themselves then you might be hard pressed, not many manufacturers put put manuals on their racks. The US manufacturers such as Hussmann, Kysor Warren and Hill Phoenix all have manuals.

Here is the compressor manuals they aren't hard to find.

http://www.bitzer.de/eng/products/docu/doc_det/6
    http://www.bitzer.de/eng/products/docu/doc_det/8
    Last edited by 750 Valve; 22-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Thanks 750
    It was the comp manuals I was after - thanks for the link.
    I couln't find em from a search on the bitzer site using the comp model numbers.

I have a fair bit of industrial (ammonia mainly) experience and a fair bit of AC - but no real supermarket experience prior to this job (an RAF base)
    The racks seem to be reasonably well put together but controls are not too bright (to my way of thinking - and I started life as an electrician, and have good controls and instrumentation experience)
    As a result, the cases and rooms on the floor don't seem to have a functional means of knowing what the racks are doing and vice-versa (racks are controlled via suction pressure transducer)
    If a pack goes down (e.g. if it has a power failure) the evaps downstairs don't know and keep calling for liquid which then feeds through their EEV's and in a short space of time flood the suction returning to the plantroom. Pack starts up and if you ain't there to throttle suctuins rapido - then you have liquid into comps and bent/broken valves etc.
    On the three lower IT compressors there are no service valves on the discharge so isolation is by means of stop/check valves just before the discharge lines drop onto the header. The 3 upper LT compressors do have discharge shut-off valves on the compressors but also have stop/check valves in the short vertical leg before joining their header.
    Following a recent failure as described above I had to replace broken/bent discharge valves on all 3 LT compressors. Two of the comps are back in service, but the centre 1 has hot gas charging back thru it as soon as I open the discharge valve then the stop/check valve.
    I had all 3 heads off 3 times before realising what was happening. Although all disch vvs on the valve plates looked good last time, it might be that the were not 100% or maybe theres broken conrods or summat else.
    I don't want to open it up untill I have replaced the check valve.
    Any further advice always welcome.
    Tony

What control system is used?
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

RDM
    Installation by oaksmere
    we have very little by way of documentation.
    BTW the discharge valves in verticals ARE stop/check valves and I misread the plate they are RFF France (Robinet) I think.
    I have sourced and ordered spares.

RDM info is available on their website, they used to have good techs in support as well. Is the LT compressor a 2 stage, if so check the final head gasket is still in one piece (check it against a new one if possible).

Are you running EXV's?

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Single stage comps each with 2 unloaders
    EEV's

Quote Originally Posted by weirdscenes View Post
    Thanks 750
    As a result, the cases and rooms on the floor don't seem to have a functional means of knowing what the racks are doing and vice-versa (racks are controlled via suction pressure transducer)
    If a pack goes down (e.g. if it has a power failure) the evaps downstairs don't know and keep calling for liquid which then feeds through their EEV's and in a short space of time flood the suction returning to the plantroom. Pack starts up and if you ain't there to throttle suctuins rapido - then you have liquid into comps and bent/broken valves etc.
    Tony
    Interconnect electric relays on the evaporators electric switchboard. That relays would be connected to the rack compressors electric switch board and would give permission to the electric valves so can feed the evaporators if the rack is okay.
    Just an idea.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better