co2 will be the future

alot of supermarkets are now switching to co2 packs with the exception of some who are using hydrocarbons.

anyone have any co2 service stories?

i think alot of engineers who work with co2 now would find your stories an interesting read including myself.
    hopfully aswell if you experienced guys can give us advice hopfully it may make some people alot more saftey conscious with this refrigerant.
    i think this would be a good thread for engineers new to working with co2 especially in the commercial industry.
    obviously the industrial industy have used it for many years but alot of commercial engineers co2 is new to them including myself.
    to alot co2 is a bit scary to work with but i have found as long as you show this refrigerant alot of respect its not to bad to work with.
    like it or not this will be the refrigerant used in most supermarkets within the next 5 to 10 years.
    to much money has been invested by some supermarkets giants to make a U turn.

i would like to here service stories and other engineers thoughts on this or do some think im full of s****t

your only as good as your last job

Re: co2 will be the future

I think very few northern countries will switch to CO2. There isn't a single good technical reason to switch to CO2 anywhere else than north of the Alps. South of 45°N latitude unchanged.

It is temporary trend, in a year or two refrigerant manufacturers will come with good new refrigerant, they will not leave the stage to CO2 suppliers, they want a piece of that cake and they will have it.!!

;supermarkets have invested too much money it; thats it then suppose it will now be known as TES/CO2 lmao!

Totally agree with NNN.
    Once the industry sorts out NH3 applicable systems, nothing more efficient and enviromentally friendly.