Hi

After I pull vacuum, I intend to follow the steps below:

Step 1
    Open low side and apply R22

OR

Open both valves and apply R22 ?

(while the compressor still OFF)

Step 2
    Turn the compressor ON and apply more R22 by low pressure side.

Please let me know which are right or correct them to achieve the most suitable way of charging.

Re: R22 charging

if its a big system dump r22 sraight into the liq line,commonly known as bomb charging-then shut liq line,run system and final charge via suction valve

It depends on the system type and size..r22 can be charged as a liquid or a vapour.On a larger system with acessible receiver just charge the receiver with liquid then add rest of charge into suction as vapour/liquid when system running.On small system vapour charge into suction until cylinder equalise then vapour/liquid charge into suction when system running.these are just general guidelines as there are many different methods for different systems such as chillers which should be vapour charged to above freezing point

Thank you.

I suppose you mean I have first to add refrigerant to liquid line by weight and then complete the charge
    by subcooling method.

If weight is unknown, can I charge all refrigerat by suction line while compressor is running ?

Or is it mandatory to add some refrigerant before start compressor ?

It is a expansion valve system.

Moises

if the weight is known then charge system with 80% of known charge then run the system and charge the rest as vapour slowly whilst monitering superheat,compressor current,sight glass(do not charge to full sight glass) this is just to indicate flow and moisture indicator -the sight glass may show bubbles even when correctly charged.
    always get as much of the system charge into the system prior to running,as a compressor cycling on the lp switch isnt a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrisoft View Post
    Thank you.

I suppose you mean I have first to add refrigerant to liquid line by weight and then complete the charge
    by subcooling method.

If weight is unknown, can I charge all refrigerat by suction line while compressor is running ?

Or is it mandatory to add some refrigerant before start compressor ?

It is a expansion valve system.

Moises

In a first post you say "if it's a big system dump r22 sraight into the liq line".

How would I do in a small system ?

Which are the differences ?

Moises

it saves time as a system over say 20kg charge can take a while to charge,by adding liquid straight through the liq line speeds things up a bit, in a small system it is possible to overcharge if your not carefull.

before charging pull a 2 torr vacuum and obviously pressure test with nitrogeon.
    what system is it?
    as you say the system has a TX valve so really you should be able to dump charge just do it slowly depending on the system type.
    take it this is reclaimed R22.
    if so what fault was on the system?
    or are you carrying out a retrofit with drop in.
    your only as good as your last job

Just a comment, are you suitably qualified to be handling refrigerant and should you be using R22? I only ask because you seem to not have any experience. did you know that the use of virgin R22 is now not allowed?

I'm also cautious, however the OP is in Brazil accordin to his profile, not the UK. Things may well be different there.

Even here, where we're 'leading the world' virgin R22 is being phased out in 2016. Existing stock will still be able to be used (which is how there's still quite a lot of R11 around). And I haven't found anything about phasing out of reclaimed R22 at all.

Hi FreezerGeezer.
    It seems there may be a competition as to who is "leading the world"?
    As U.K. Ireland and the whole of E.C. Europe is also phasing out.

Only "we" will not be able to use or handle reclaimed from December 31st 2015.
    Effectively as far as I see it you can keep 22 equipment going using only reclaimed 22.
    Until Jan 2016.
    For us in Europe it is illegal to use virgin 22 already!

You will still be able to work on the equipment, but once it has lost sufficient refrigerant to cease working that's it. Game Over.

However as you say many countries are playing by different rules.

You still have R11? Wow.
    I thought you were leading the world

Grizzly

Australia is defo not leading the world. we can still freely buy r22 and all the parts. its going to be annoying for yous if you need to put in like 200 grams of gas or replace a awhole expensive system . think alot of people will making money of this buy just installing new systems all the time . or alot of people braking rules