Hi all,

I wanted to just check that I am taking the measurments correctly for a system I have been working on. This is new to me as it has two evaporators on two different levels. As far as I can see the pipe work splits up before the TX valves and run to corrosponding evaporators then joing back to one about 3 meters before the compressor

Now to find the sub cooling on this system, I took the HS gauge pressure and convertered it to Temperaure and then went to where the TX valves are which have a small resivior and took the temperature from there which I used.

So the difference between these to is the subcooling. Temperature at the TX valves - the gauge reading.

To calculate the superheat I took the LS gauge pressure and found the temperature.

Next I found the Suction line Temperature, now I am not sure were abouts to take this on this system but I took it about 1 foot from the Compressor. Or should I take it where the two system join back to one suction line?

So the difference between these to is the superheat.

Suction line Temp - the gauge reading.

With the information that I have given am I calculating this correctly? I might try and get some photos today and repost showning where I am taking measurments from.

The reason for asking is I read about subcooling and dont really understand

"take the temperature of the liquid line as close to the condensor as possible".

and I also found this for Superheat.

" then take the suction line temperature as close to the condensing section just before the serve valve"

I am guessing that the serve valve is the TX valve

Thanks for your time and help