bezsenne Guest

refrigerant and compressor substitution

Hello All,
    I am working on substitution refrigerant and compressor in geothermal heat pump. The old refrigerant is R290 and the broken compressor is Bristol H76A72QDBEA. I want to substitute broken compresor with new one which will work on R407C refrigerant. In this place I want to ask about help in finding the right one compressor with competitive price. Should I substitute something more in the system after changing the refrigerant?

Thanks for help!

Re: refrigerant and compressor substitution

That compressor is already for R407c. In fact the "7" after the H stands for "R407c".

Yes, it looks like this forum has answered this question in 2008...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ol-Compressors

Hi, bezsenne

Quote Originally Posted by bezsenne View Post
    Hello All,
    I am working on substitution refrigerant and compressor in geothermal heat pump. The old refrigerant is R290 and the broken compressor is Bristol H76A72QDBEA. I want to substitute broken compresor with new one which will work on R407C refrigerant. In this place I want to ask about help in finding the right one compressor with competitive price. Should I substitute something more in the system after changing the refrigerant?

Thanks for help
    !
    More or less each compressor can work with R407C or any other refrigeration gas .... Of course, you must change oil type, filter driers and maybe some other devices ...

... but, why not replace only broken compressor and remain with green refrigerant R290

... someone will say R407C is also green one ODP=0 but with GWP=1610 v.s. R290 with ODP=0 and GWP=3

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.