Hi all,

I have an AEG Frost Free undercounter freezer which is about 4 years old. It has mostly worked well and stopped once in the past. For some reason ice has a tendency to build up in the vents underneath the circulating fan.

This happened again 2 weeks ago and again, we thoroughly defrosted and drained the icepack that had built up (and chucked out the ruined food). However since restarting it, it keeps warming up as if the freezing element is no longer working.

It switched it off and left it for a couple of days (no water drained). Then switched it on this morning and hit the fast freeze button. This has now gone off and the freezer is currently ice cold. It (again) seems to be working happily and the fan is going, and I am thinking about putting food in again.

Can anyone give me any clues as to what the problem might be, and how to stop another defrost. I am trying to balance the risk of losing more good food with the decision of just tipping it and buying a new cheap regular undercounter freezer (I am starting to think that there is a reason that there aren't many frost free undercounters!).

Thanks

Iain