R22, medium or low temperature

Hi

I've seen R22 working in several types of applications, but is not still clear for me
    which are the main factors in a system that will determine it will work in medium, low, or very low (negative temperature). I know the thermostat has little to do with it, because it only limits to turn the system ON and OFF.

Could anybody tell a little bit about these fators (compressor, condenser, metering device, pressure, etc) and how each of them contribute to determine the system temperature ?

Moises
    Last edited by Acrisoft; 08-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Re: R22, medium or low temperature

r22 has been mainly used in hbp mbp and a few lbp in the uk anyway not to many on the lbp as a negative pressure was never good but we had 502 then 404a so it was not that common on lbp. but in the 90,s nearly all ac units was 22 most bulk milk tanks coldrooms etc where on it very little transport was on it they just went from 12 to r404a or r 134a. as far as spec goes you just work out the area of space you wish to cool and temp required and work out your kws required then if specing new you just match condensors to evap to tev and control signal of course over in the uk we aint been useing 22 on new installs for some time as as norm stuff that works gets banned over here decent back pressure decent head pressure large molocule structure comps that lasted for ever no waxing of tevs and three bottles of gas in the van ah happy days

Thank you Charlie.

Maybe I was not happy taking R22 as example.

So let talk about R134 or another refrigerant.

If I understood your answer you meant that TEV type is the main component that determine the temperature, and as a secondary factor evaporator and condenser size.

This is the reason why I can see R134 (or other refrigerant) under different pressures and temperatures after the TEV.

Is it right ?

the evap and condensor are important as anything else the key is to match items ie the tev and the refrigerant must be matched but dont forget the orifice you can have some comps that will do a different gas like a maneurop which can do 404 0r 4o7c or r134a but without a correct matched tev and refrigerant you are in a world of trouble. if you have a 134a ref on a 22 valve it aint going to work correctley if its a new install then all should be matched if its a old unit check the condensing unit and evap then tev gas orifice and set up. most units will work to a certain degree but how well it works is another thing, recentley i had a old style vintage ice cream freezer was on twelve on comp on a r 22 ext equalizing tev with the equalizer blanked of with a service cap did it cool ? a bit it did but not to well so fit a correct int equalizing tev 49 drop in and she is going well since we have had a lot more blends dealing with glide it is a lot more critical to have all your parameters correct