Hybrid View

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: A NOOBIE on the loose!

I'm not a duct designer but have often referred to the best book I know on the subject - Woods Practical Guide to Fan Engineering.
    http://www.mrv.com.tr/teknik/mrv11.pdf

There is a paragraph 6.5.13, page 87 which describes your phenomenon and confirms there being a 'transfer of energy' to the main duct.

It's a long read but worth checking back on from time to time.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: A NOOBIE on the loose!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    I'm not a duct designer but have often referred to the best book I know on the subject - Woods Practical Guide to Fan Engineering.
    http://www.mrv.com.tr/teknik/mrv11.pdf

There is a paragraph 6.5.13, page 87 which describes your phenomenon and confirms there being a 'transfer of energy' to the main duct.

It's a long read but worth checking back on from time to time.
    Thanks a bunch sir Brian,
    Actually, its quite a dilemma for me also. As a mechanical Engineer who's just starting to venture out in refrigeration and general HVAC, I found its like a different world out here. I have the "theories" that goes with the academics but putting things from paper to actual condition is a pain in the *ss.

Right now I just realized (to answer my own question back) that the negative data denotes a backward flow, meaning instead of branch to main, the air flow goes back to the branch, theoretically that is, same goes for the "overflow" thing. Makes me think air is never an absolute science to begin with.

Thank you so much for the help guys. I managed to go around my problem with the help.