Hi,

I'm a noob mechanical engineer fresh from the academics. Just recently (well about a year now I guess) I have formally started work on a construction company. I have been tasked to do a bit of "hard work" in the commissioning of several key systems on one project.

Dealing with fans, I have submitted some fan selections for approval to the designers, unfortunately it came back with a comment asking for a pressure drop calculations. Now the gist is... i know only this as a subject problem in completing the Ref&aircon course in my college, I havent really dealt with it much untill i got myself in this kind of work. (I was planning to go on automotive line of work).

Treat me as a 5 year old if you may, what i need is just a step by step guide to do this. I have the chart tabulation for the fans, design of duct (Its actually a series of roof exhaust fans with a duct riser serving 8 floors), the fan curves and the technical background in my mind.... is this enough? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

---- oh another thing,

I want to learn duct design and closed circuit chilled water system piping design and equipment selection, theres this "DISC DUCTULATOR" (Japan origin) that I saw my design manager uses.... you know any information about this things?

Currently im on schedule for a course in Duct design and Refrigeration system seminars, however, that will happen about 3 months from now as i complete my administrative course. So just now please help me with the one above.... please....

thanks.... like I said... I'm a newbie on the loose, and i only have my d*ck to go with it....

Thanks