vintage daricool tank/ why me?

went to a new customer today with a 4 thou ltr daricool ice builder he did explain to me before i went his heards man use to look after it but they had a fallen out/ the heards man had 3 old ice machines and before each milking would empty the ice into the icebuilder to help cooling as it would never cool on its own he promished a cup of tea so off i went. on site this is what i found 2x prestcold comps on originally r12 one unit empty but marked up with green bottle the other marked up orange bottle running but with 380 head condensors clean and hp switch bypased, i asked the customer to show me his green and orange bottles so he did and you guessed it one was134 and the other 404 but wait there is more/ units runs to 4 tevs one was a r12 two where r22 and one was old 502 and that one was on the r 12 system/ and the reason for one system empty when i put the nitro in it blew straight out the receiver due to some bypassing with some compression fittings this heardsman never gave up. anyway 4 hrs later some tevs some 49 and some driers and oil and one unit is working fine no2 is on hp test overnight and both comps was on mineral i did ask when this sort of work was done and the farmer said the orange bottle turned up around 6 years ago and they where buying two bottles a year and the reason he got the tank looked at after all this time well one of the ice machines had packed up at least i left with a smile and two pound of fresh pork chops

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: vintage daricool tank/ why me?

There's another one for the grandchildren...
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

monkey spanners says stop nicking his customers!haha

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    Haaa, had to think about that for 2 seconds, then the penny dropped. Good story Charlie.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

ms would have a fair trip fpr a old tank

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    This can be taken 2 ways, but i think I.M. was having a friendly dig at Jon.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.