Thread: new heat-pumps

new heat-pumps

hallo,
    what you think about this?

http://www.uis.no/news/article39506-50.html

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: new heat-pumps

Well, that was in April, has there been any updates yet?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

i have send a mail, i let you know...

New, "get out of it"

I am sure Mr Peltier would not call it new.

Look at your electric chilly bin, you already have one.

Old hat

Thermoelectric cooling uses the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of two different types of materials. A Peltier cooler, heater, or thermoelectric heat pump is a solid-state active heat pump which transfers heat from one side of the device to the other side against the temperature gradient (from cold to hot), with consumption of electrical energy. Such an instrument is also called a Peltier device, Peltier heat pump, solid state refrigerator, or thermoelectric cooler (TEC). The Peltier device is a heat pump: when direct current runs through it, heat is moved from one side to the other. Therefore it can be used either for heating or for cooling (refrigeration), although in practice the main application is cooling. It can also be used as a temperature controller that either heats or cools.[1]
    This technology is far less commonly applied to refrigeration than vapor-compression refrigeration is. The main advantages of a Peltier cooler (compared to a vapor-compression refrigerator) are its lack of moving parts or circulating liquid, and its small size and flexible shape (form factor). Its main disadvantage is that it cannot simultaneously have low cost and high power efficiency. Many researchers and companies are trying to develop Peltier coolers that are both cheap and efficient. (See Thermoelectric materials.)
    A Peltier cooler is the opposite of a thermoelectric generator. In a Peltier cooler, electric power is used to generate a temperature difference between the two sides of the device, while in a thermoelectric generator, a temperature difference between the two sides is used to generate electric power. The operation of both is closely related (both are manifestations of the thermoelectric effect), and therefore the devices are generally constructed from similar materials using similar designs
    Taken from Wikipedia

Cheers

Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

corkman Guest

when will they be released can I get a beta copy

Maybe it is not a Peltier? It does appear to be one but ......more info needed

The electricity saving section to the right implies that it is a peltier module.
    Visit http://www.kompulsa.com/ for technology news, reviews, and more. Twitter: Kompulsa.

they answered me that there's no data yet when it will come to the marked, when it does, it will be very cheap so they wrote me
    greetings