Matador1 Guest

The service tech

I once new this guy ( can't mention his name incase he is here lol ) that I used work at the same company with.
    I was a Forman at the time anyway, one day I went out to site as he was doing a maintenance run on a building I used control.
    I went looking for him as I had arrived on site at his request because ha needed some parts for a job so being a good boy I brought them to him anyway, when I finally find the guy in his possession all he had was a Phillips screw driver and a pair of pliers.
    I said to him " where the f have you been ?" he replied" servicing the systems "
    I asked him " how do you service a system with just a Phillips head and a pair of pliers? Don't you check the current ?" he says" I don't need an amp meter ,I can feel the current through th wire with my fingers " , well to this I nearly fainted as I appear to be in the presents of a god or something.
    Now I ask you guys , do you think this is possible? And what would you have done with him?

This is no joke it actually happened and he was serious , I on the other hand was pissing myself laughing and almost wet myself on the drive back to the office..

I'll be interested in what is said and then I'll tell you what happened with him

Cheers

Matador1

Re: The service tech

The first thing I would have said would be best of three you versus a fluke. Voltage and current and conductor temp (the last just for amusement)
    You win, I retire and make you a millionaire ,I win you walk .
    What would I have done with him ,
    1-show him the door
    2-Ask him to make his claim on camera ,then show him the door.
    3-Tell him to get some current readings from Main ACB'S.

Cheers

Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

trade test would have been my first port of call would have done all the other guys as well just to make sure you can never be to sure now can you lol
    I can fix broke but I cant fix stupid :)

Is that it? Screwdriver and pliers? Interested in knowing what "Parts" he was asking for and how they were to be fitted.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Matador1,
    And now the rest of the story!