daikin vrv3 rseyp10k7w1

hey all

got a system that keeps going into a 'E0" fault(usually a few hours after ive left site!!)
    spoke to the guys at d.tech..but didnt fully understand or hear what all the factors are that
    would put the system back into fault.

i understand it is an outdoor safety device activation..if anyone knows the beastie im working on..some guidance would be mucho appreciated.

Re: daikin vrv3 rseyp10k7w1

with you saying it trips after a few hours it maybe compressor klixon. also check fan motor klixon's. they are usually 2 grey cables plugged onto pcb, make sure you have 240v on them.

If the RSEYP10K7W1 model number is correct the unit is a K series 407c (not a 410a VRV3), the unit has scroll compressors with no internal klixon. If you look at the unit wiring diagram you will see a few safety device wired in series, if any of these open circuit the unit trip on E0.
    From memory I know this saftey circuit includes standard compressor contactor overload and condenser fan motor klixons. It may also enclude the high pressure switches but I think this was only done on R22 K series.
    How did you reset the E0 fault when attending site?
    If fault could only be reset by switching the outdoor mains power off/on this would indicates that standard compressor overload has caused the error.
    All other E0 trip conditions can be reset at the indoor controller, providing all saftey devices are closed circuit (they are all auto reset).

im pretty sure, although not 100%, that e0 is caused by internal overloads in the motors and not the lp and hp switches, it should be quite clear on the wiring diagram. as above poster said, they are normally grey wires wired in series, and as we all know by the time u get back to site, everything has cooled down and reset. All i can suggest is to run it thoroughly and make sure either of the condenser fan motors are not overheating, possibly due to worn bearings, or if the compressor has a klixon that is also in the circuit ensure the gas charge is spot on and superheat is not too high and thus compressor overheating over a few hours of running time.

thanks for the reply mick

already faulted fan motor2,overheating like u said! ordered replacement,got delivered fan motor 1 instead..
    eventually ended up replacing both motors(my gaffer didnt want to loose 25% on return,tight git!)..
    he seems to think its the standard comp that needs replacing?

thanks for the reply m8
    yeah it is the 407c k-series,my bad and you're right...
    to clear it ive been clearing the fault on controllers then power off/on..ive already replaced both fan motors
    previously on this unit.
    tested all safety's ie. ohm/resistance and to my knowledge they seem within range,2hp switches?2 thermal cutouts(klixons??) and all thermistors..
    where could i get more information on compressor overload??

Quote Originally Posted by regcooldude View Post
    with you saying it trips after a few hours it maybe compressor klixon. also check fan motor klixon's. they are usually 2 grey cables plugged onto pcb, make sure you have 240v on them.
    thanks dude

have checked the grey cables and did have 240v present...did notice something on the plug terminal on pcb..
    it looked slightly scorched and deformed like there had been some bad contact??

funny coincidence.... after reading and commenting on this post yesterday i went to a service call today for 2 units both in E0 fault.... it appears power problems can cause this fault too, it may have dropped a phase and overloaded, client mentioned there were works with the power happening over the weekend and fault was noticed monday morning.... only explanation i can this of to have 2 identical units (RY250KUY1) to both fault at the same time on E0, when the units work fine....