filtration system for evap condensers and chillers

fellow members,

just would like to ask if any has used a filtration system similar to the one i attached. The attached brochure is for the "Lakos" brand. I also have a brochure for the "VAF" brand. but i think that their working principle is almost similar. i have heard of the use of permanent magnet and electric descaler, not to eliminate scale buildup , but to make the scale foramtion soft, so that during descaling, it is easier to do. but what about this type of filtration ? i already posted this on a previous thread, but maybe it was overlooked, so i started a new one. thanks for any comments you can provideLakos brochure a.jpg

Re: filtration system for evap condensers and chillers

I have not seen anything like this used on an ammonia condenser. Most of the facilities I have been in just bleed water down the drain to keep the dissolved solid concentrations down. I have never seen very much filtration on condenser water systems.

I looked at Lakos' website and did not see this exact brouchure, the literature I saw did not make any claims regarding scale, it spoke of fouling and separable solids.

Based on that I think that these pieces of equipment are probably not the best choice for your application. That being said, call their salesmen, explain your situation and what your are trying to accomplish and see what they say.

Hello Engrp, We use Lakos filter on our bore hole water supply to remove solids before the refrigeration plant, I can not see how this would work with the condenser water system as we still get some carry over after them that we remove with in-line filters.
    Regards
    Arthur

McFranklin/aawood1,

thanks for your comments. sorry , i have not checked lakos' website, i just presumed that the information in the brochure given to us were also available in their website.

we are considering purchase of evaporative condensers, however, purchase of an evapco or bac brand is very prohinitive. we also did inquire from evapco. we were just surprised that the origin of the unti they quoted us would be coming from china. i just thought that all their units come from USA.