self-certification?

Hi. If my heat pump installer uses Part-P qualified electricians and has CORGI registered installers, does that mean they can self-certify the installation? My local council wants a copy of the building regulations approval before giving me permission to install a heat pump, but I think as long as it all meets the regs and is self-certified for the plumbing/electrical then it should be ok?

cheers,

Tom

Re: self-certification?

Hi Samohtom

you dont need part 'p' or corgi (gas safe) registered installers in 'timbuctoo' (now timbuktu) you dont need council permission & you can install yourself without answering to no-one, no certificate needed

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

get the corgi plumber's to do their gas safe card,and ur ok

nevgee is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Hmmm, I wonder if your building control are looking for an MSC accredited installation?

".... Planning permission

Air source heat pump installations In Wales and Northern Ireland require planning permission. In England and Scotland they may be considered Permitted Development, in which case you will not need planning permission, but the criteria are compelx so it is always a good idea to check with your local planning office.
    England

From 1st December 2011, domestic air source heat pump systems will be classed as Permitted Development provided that they comply with certain criteria, including:
    • there is no wind turbine at the property
    • the external unit is less than 0.6 m3 in size
    • the unit is more than one metre from the edge of the householder's property
    • it is not on a pitched roof, or near the edge of a flat roof
    • it meets additional criteria if in a conservation area, World Heritage Site etc.
    This list is not comprehensive. Read the full legislation here or contact your local planning office for full details...."

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generate-your-own-energy/Air-source-heat-pumps

Good luck.
    Reality is an elusion created by alcohol deficiency. Quaff and enjoy. [Yorkshire, UK]