springchicken Guest

Removal of Bosch (fridge) freezer inner rear panel

Hi

I think I've established that my Bosch freezer's cooling issues relate to an iced-up evaporator. Some work with a hairdryer and nimble fingers the other night coaxed out an amount of (thawed) ice, but lots remains hidden behind the panel.

Obviously, power off and full defrost is the ideal approach, but I've a lot of food in it and more expected, so I'm looking for a quick fix.

I've removed the lug-covers inside to reveal plastic screws, presumably securing this inner rear panel, but they didn't respond to my screwdriver and I don't want to damage them beyond use by blundering ahead. Picture:

freezer.jpg

The two black holes are the screw holes, and there are another two in similar spots, opposite side of panel. Also the small 'rectangle' looks like it comes off - possible a thermostat cover?

Can anyone advise how this full panel is meant to come off?

Freezer is from about 1998.

Thanks

Cluck cluck

Re: Removal of Bosch (fridge) freezer inner rear panel

hi spring chicken ,
    unfortunatly there is not any quick fix , the evaporator has frozen up < for a reason< wether its gas shortage or fan motor problems , or de- frost prob , you might be lucky? leave the door open for two or three days< unpluged< and then get a tec to look at it , its from 1998, is it worth spending money on it = no , all the best , sedgy ,

Re: Removal of Bosch (fridge) freezer inner rear panel

yes it worth repairing and yes you should find 4 screws holding it in place then need small flat screwdriver to unclip the cover at sides you then need to check sensors and defrost heater