FreeMe Guest

Post Daikin FDYQ250M Noise Problem

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and i have just had installed a Daikin FDYQ250M ducted unit. My neighbour is complaining that the external fan noise is too loud and annoys them. Anyway I have contacted Daikin plus the installer and been told the unit can be programmed to adjust the outside unit fan speed to slow down during night. But my installer is taking considerable time get back to me. I am wondering if there is any where I can get these instuctions to do myself before the noise issue escalates. ANy other ideas to reduce the noise would also be welcome?

thanks

Re: Daikin FDYQ250M Noise Problem

The operation sound level for the "night mode" can be selected from 55 dB (Step 1), 50 dB (Step 2) and 45 dB. I have no idea how to do it. May be via Dipswitch. If you have manual please search "How to activate night mode".

its is a dip switch setting on the outside board.

Sorry, but i dont know it off by heart.

try a Google search something along the lines of 'dip switch setting night mode daikin' ?

Best you look into a 'low noise adaptor card' DTA104A61. this wires directly into the outdoor unit. You can wire it to a switch so you can choose when to demand limit. Otherwise you can have a DAIKIN tech to program night operation via the outdoor pcb. Not easy if you aren't used to working on VRV's. But yes it can definitly be done.