abb motor terminal block

good day, fellow members. do you know where i can purchase terminal block for abb motor. i again tried sourcing thru our country's sales representative, and again, it seems to take forever. maybe, you can direct me . thanks for any help you can provide.
    broken terminal block2A mycom.jpg

Re: abb motor terminal block

Try any company that does motor rewinds or repairs.
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

or grind the stubb and weld a stud onto the plate

Pretty much a common item on any motor. If you can't find one go to a scrapyard and look for a motor about the same size as the one on the compressor and take the block out of it. As long as it is about the same size it will fit, all you need are the 6 terminal bolts amd the correct spacing on the mounting screws ( though if it is a little short you can often get by with using just 1 or using 2 tab washers on the ends.....)

Looks like the original fault was a loose connection, make sure the new one is tightened to correct torque ( not till it breaks then a little less next time) and that all the flat brass washers are in place correctly, along with having a clean terminal lug on both the coil wire and the cable.

thanks for your comments, SeanB. What we did, for the meantime, was to just use nut and bolt, and apply liberal rubber tape and electrical tape. I tried asking our local surplus motor dealers but they don't sell the teminal blocks from their motors. Will just make do with the nut and bolt, and sapce our checking of the connections more often, while waiting for the quote(if it will ever arrive, and if the cost is worth it)from the local dealer of ABB motor. thanks again.

Make up your own out a block of teflon

thanks magoo, already talked with a local fabricator about this. still have not received his quote.

How is made the connection of the motor leads to the plate bolts ?

The bolts are just a convenient place to put the connections so they are not just loose inside the cover. Provides a method of labelling that is common and will not easily be confused. I was saying to look for a burnt out motor at the second hand dealer/ scrapyard, or look for a motor rewinder who probably has some around.