bobbiez Guest

Admiral GC2224GEKB side by side clicking

Hi, have searched this forum for several hours and still not sure so thought I would post specific problem.

Had Admiral GC2224GEKB side by side fridge freezer for just over 5 years and had PCB replaced after 3 years just as extended warranty ended! This was because both the fridge and freezer were getting warm.

Recently noticed that there is an almost constant clicking noise inside fridge at the top where cold air seems to blow in from freezer presumably. The cold air is not constant but enough to have turned the fridge into a second freezer! Also noticed occasional excessive defrosting of freezer so food is not fully frozen. I'm thinking the 2 are related and wonder if it is the temperature controller or perhaps something to do with the defrost controller.

Any help appreciated because if it is another PCB replacement then might cut my losses and buy a new fridge freezer.

Re: Admiral GC2224GEKB side by side clicking

control damper could need replacing

bobbiez Guest

Thanks, I think you're right and thanks for answering so quickly.

I'm in the UK and although I know I have a series 11, the spares companies here show 2 dampers, one green and one white but no part nos to check against partselect.com which does show the 2 dampers for the series 10 and 11 with the part nos. Anyones know which one is which?

The diagrams seem quite straight forward so I might as well order and fit myself. Anyone have a manual which would help would be great.

Thanks

9 out of 10 it the green one or just orderboth and send wrong one back lol

bobbiez Guest

Thanks for that. I'll call them first and check if they know the part nos and if not order the green one. Do I need any special instructions to fit and activate like the pcb required a code?

Thanks again for your help, I'll post how I get on. Seems lots of people have had similar problems so it may help others.

Hi guys

Did you manage to sort your problem out as instructed, I am having a similar problem, the fridge only works when the door is open and keeps over defrosting and we loose all the frozen food, it seem s to make it own mind up when it works.

Regards

Paul