Daikin VRV iii WITH iTouch controller

Hiya, installed a daikin 3pipe vrv size 42, came to commission and it ran superbly well, came to connect the iTouch and started to have problems. I have 22 units on the system with 8 vam units also connected, i have 9 fcus with a local controller connected to them which when group setting applied work fine and show no errors on the iTouch, but i have 13 fcus which have no controller in them and i applied a group setting ID to each with a controller and then removed the controller but they show a U5 error message on the itouch and wont turn on at all. My question is do i have to apply any more settings to the fcu through a controller or have i done something wrong? Also is there a way of resetting the iTouch back to factory so it can research for all fcus again as it may be that i applied the group settings once id done the dIII set up as i didnt think you would have to address the fcus without a controller in. Having the same problems with the vams also.
    Thanks

Re: Daikin VRV iii WITH iTouch controller

you address each indoor with a brc controller then disconnect it ,reboot the indoors via ring main,then add the units to the i touch

Yes fan coils know they have lost the controller. Turn them all off on 230v power, then all back on. then they wont look for a controler.
    In the words of David Byrne, Well...How did I get here?

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to reset the I Touch, I wish there was as that might help to solve a few problems. I suppose that you could work your way through deleting each FCU and then start again.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by 1torr View Post
    Yes fan coils know they have lost the controller. Turn them all off on 230v power, then all back on. then they wont look for a controler.
    This will 100% fix your problems mate

yes, came across a similar problem myself, power reboot did the trick
    Kev

francisvictor Guest

Hi ,

We have just completed a 66 FCU installation and with 3 CU in Master slave configuration. We now have to install an ITC controller with PPD. We have never installed ITC before and i would like some help how to get the unit to pick up the FCU , and how to do the addressing of the FCU using wireless remote.