Thread: F-Gas Support

F-Gas Support

Those of you's like myself that have had much to say on the new F-Gas rules/regs and compliance

May like to see an email from them that I have just recieved

This appears tobe a chance for us all to contribute positively and have our comments passed directly to those considering what adjustments need to be made

Your comments Gents ???

R's chillerman

On 26 September the European Commission launched a stakeholder consultation on the Review of the EC F gas Regulation (EC/842/2006).
    The Commission have published the following documents
    • A draft report by the European Commission on the application, effects and adequacy of the F-gas Regulation
    • Preparatory study for the review of the F-gas Regulation by Öko Recherche, including annexes
    • Consultation questionnaire.
    All can be downloaded at this link:
    http://ec.europa.eu/clima/consultations/0011/index_en.htm
    The consultation will provide feedback to the European Commission and assist them in preparing proposals for amending the EC F gas Regulation.
    The deadline for submission of input to the consultation is 19 December 2011.
    F-Gas Support would still like to keep in touch every so often and let you know about developments in relation to F gases and ozone-depleting substances. We intend our emails to be brief and provide links to interesting issues. If however you do not wish to hear from us please reply to this email and type unsubscribe in the subject box.
    Kind regards

Ray Gluckman
    F-Gas Support Project Director
    Email: fgas-support@enviros.com
    Web: www.defra.gov.uk/fgas

If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Re: F-Gas Support

I have filled this in last week. I found myself getting more and more angry with the total mismanagement of it all..

Hi RB

city electrical factors - selling gas, no checks

trainers holding candidates hands through test

trainers without basic knowledge

no policeing powers accept reporting to local council evironmental health (who know nothing yet)

companies not registering

demolition workers, axing through tubework, still

can we think of more.........as if many have the same view and actually respond

we might see some improvement

R's chillerman

Thanks for that CM. some night time reading.

Your welcome mate

maybe a few of your views on flaws of the system so far

we know we have good and bad centres/trainers

but just getting everyones views in one place will help others to think what if anything they dont like

R's chillerman

The amount of catering companies who haven't even considered registering is worrying..

Is that something you should be worried by ... or something you should be delighted by?

I am in favour of phasing down HFCs, despite being a hungry user. HFC refrigerants are in the hands of few multinational companies that decide where and at what price the refrigerant shall be sold. Instead, the chain of cold must be available worldwide and uncontrolled by an oligarchy.
    It is clear to everybody that the world as we knew it is changing. Economy is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by RSTC View Post
    Is that something you should be worried by ... or something you should be delighted by?
    They are carrying on regardless as the just flash their GasSafe badge at the cleint..

Sadly as we know reporting them to the client and the support does nothing as good catering engineers are like gold dust and they won't want to lose them over something as silly a F-Gas.. Even some of my hottest clients on H&S and the legalities let this one go over their head..

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    They are carrying on regardless as the just flash their GasSafe badge at the cleint..

Sadly as we know reporting them to the client and the support does nothing as good catering engineers are like gold dust and they won't want to lose them over something as silly a F-Gas.. Even some of my hottest clients on H&S and the legalities let this one go over their head..
    Huh ! thats no surprise mate

I have been trying to wise up clients and end users to check engineers have F-Gas cards

and they are simply not interested !

R's chillerman