2x coldrooms struggling

i was called out to 2x coldrooms with high temps they were both running at 1.5 bar on r134a i blew the condensor out as it was pitted, and left them to settle, after a hour or so there was no change in temp so i rang my colleague who informed me to fill the systems up until the sight glass was clear (is this the correct way) so i done as i was asked and there is still no change in temp anybody got any ideas.

Re: 2x coldrooms struggling

are the coolers froze up,does the system pump down,is the compressor actually running,ive had apprentices say theres plenty of cooling when the sysem aint running,check pressure switches,manual resets,if the fridge is stocked up and temp was high then it will take hours to get produce back to setpoint,whats ur air on off coils

Matt

You know what I wrote prior to edit - (edit yours asap or ask a moderator to if you are unable due to 22 posts)

Did you take any temperature readings

R's chillerman
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 02-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

i found the leak and added the refrigerant the 2 systems have been in for years, and the leaks i found were rota locks and also the flare connections, i was told when i sat my F gas if the system had a leak and you could use the pressure in the system to do it that way.
    there was no ice or anything on the coils and also no pump down.

as long as it gets recorded on the f gas sheet and re tested in a months time ur ok,matty do you have 2079?
    not going to bubble ya

Matt

I would be checking temps either side of the drier to confirm the same temperature and drier is not blocked

If you take your discharge pressure and then convert to saturated temperature (with comparetor)

Get your liquid line temperature and take this away from your saturated discharge temp - to get your 'subcooling'

Next suction pressure and convert to temp (as above) take your evap outlet temp at 3 o'clock, then take away from this your saturated suction temp - to get your superheat

Now you have discharge/suction pressures and subcooling/superheat - you can check them against the attached doc

Low suction is often blocked drier/faulty expansion valve/evap air flow

if still not clear, just post what you can and we can go back over it

R's chillerman
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

i have 2079 the system sorted itselt out and under went a full pressure and strength test and passed with flying colours, thanks again for your help guys.