High pressure cut out

I was wondering what temp does hp cut out get set to? or does it change depending on refrigerant used?

Re: High pressure cut out

What kind of protection and compressor are you talking about?
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Hallo ,

HP cutout setting depends on the type of the refrigerant.For R22 its anything between 200 - 250 PSIG and for R134A its above 150 PSIG.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumit View Post
    Hallo ,

HP cutout setting depends on the type of the refrigerant.For R22 its anything between 200 - 250 PSIG and for R134A its above 150 PSIG.

Have a nice day.
    Submit,

That it's a criterion. For the safety of the plant why should for R22 be between 200-250 PSIg and for R134A be above 150 PSIG.? Please explain me.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Hi Sandra ,

I am talking high pressure / discharge pressure safety cutout. It means the system will be turned off automatically when the discharge pressure go above the limit prescribed by the manufacturer of the system (chiller).Maximum limit of discharge pressure is different for different refrigerants.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumit View Post
    Hi Sandra ,

I am talking high pressure / discharge pressure safety cutout. It means the system will be turned off automatically when the discharge pressure go above the limit prescribed by the manufacturer of the system (chiller).Maximum limit of discharge pressure is different for different refrigerants.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I'm familiar with the matter.

If you pick a compressor working with R22 and then goes to R134a I shall you change the setting of the pressure control?

Hi Sandra ,

If am getting your question in a right way then it means that you are asking " If we change the refrigerant of the system, keeping the compressor and other parts same , then will there be any need of changing the pressure settings ? " Then my answer for this is , YES. because every refrigerant have different properties and due to which they differ from each other in operating conditions.

Apart from refrigerant used, the HP safety should operate below the system design pressure maximum of receivers vessels and any releif vavs

Good Morning ,

I agree with you Magoo. Most of the times , the maximum pressure limit for various parts are specified on them(parts) by the manufacturer.So , HP cutout pressure should be less than it.

Have a nice day.

I also agree with the Magoo about the the vessels and relief valves. That part also remain unchanged even if you change the refrigerant so the set point of the pressure controls can maintain the same (nevertheless we always shall check about the temperatures because depending of the refrigerant so the temperatures will change). About the compressor if changing the refrigerant and the compressor keep working inside the envelope / operating limits » pressure values I can't see the need of changing the set-point.

Have a nice day to you too