Hybrid View

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Thankyou Paul h and C.M. origional version of " tears of a clown" will be added to my collection.Very much appreciated.
    No problem.
    Next time I'll come back with portishead, smashing pumpkins, radiohead, some syd barret era pink floyd, johnny cash and... gaudi.*

I think I listened to everything you didn't!
    In the early 80s I heard lame pop music, by the late 80s I was into metal. So I skipped the entire big name american bands and musos in that era, and followed the alternative music scene from 90s onwards. When everything went crap (like radios started playing the band called 'live' and their ilk, or everything else was bad singers and rappers), I started listening to 60s and 70s stuff.
    So all the big stuff like what you have posted and bruce springsteen, never stuck with me., I know it, but it just doesn't work for me, I'd rather listen to david bowie ( I love hunky dory), blues, jazz, proper rock, folk, electronica or some obscure 1990s stuff. Don't really like anything from the USA in the 1980s. Best music was from the europe or aus/nz in that time except for metal IMHO.

edit* Or I could go 1980s, XTC, talk talk, talking heads, peter gabriel, the cure, new order or Siouxsie And The Banshees...
    Last edited by paul_h; 16-09-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    No problem.
    Next time I'll come back with portishead, smashing pumpkins, some syd barret era pink floyd, johnny cash and... gaudi
    Now I like a bit of floyd mate, 'comfortably numb' - 'brick in the wall'
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !