happychappy Guest

Fisher and Paykel e522 Fridge not cooling

The fan at the bottom of the fridge works fine, so wanted to inspect the fan in the freezer section as I know these are common parts to go.... I am trying to get the back panel off but the retainer slides on either side seem to make this very tricky is there a way to remove these? Or am I being thick and there is a simple way to remove the back cover/ fan assembly? Just it seems quite flimsy and do not want to damage it.

Finally am I on the right track with this diagnosis?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Fisher and Paykel e522 Fridge not cooling

have u checked the thermistor

happychappy Guest

I have checked the one in the refrigerator and all seems fine, things at the back of the freezer seem a little iced up so I suspect the problem is there... If only I could get into it!

Quote Originally Posted by happychappy View Post
    I have checked the one in the refrigerator and all seems fine, things at the back of the freezer seem a little iced up so I suspect the problem is there... If only I could get into it!
    Yes. This is going to end in tears. Generally, when freezer ices up, the plastic pannel tends to be pushed out from the ice. If not then you have to lever from one side carefully as when the clips let go, there is a second pannel that is attached that has very weak plastic clips holding it to the front pannel you are pulling at. Generally, if heater is faulty, or the brushless d.c.fan fails, processor will sound alarm and indicator light will flash red..Mike
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.