megatron Guest

Unhappy Candy cpca240ffk problem

Hello everyone, I have a Candy cpca240ffk frost free fridge/freezer which is freezing the food in the fridge.
    Are there any tests I can do to tell if it is the controller pcb or the fridge sensor which is at fault.
    What resistance of the sensor should switch compressor on or off and exactly where is the sensor located.
    The controller appears to be working in that when I turn the dial to 0 all lights and compressor turn off and when turned up to super the orange light comes on.
    There is no build up of ice in freezer or fridge and the sensor in the freezer appears to be working, ie closed circuit on blue wires and white wires are closed circuit when cold and open cuicuit when warm.
    Any help would be appreciated as I find it impossible to pour frozen milk on my corn flakes.
    Thanks Stew

Re: Candy cpca240ffk problem

temp sensor needs replacing

megatron Guest

Thanks Tonto, can you tell me where the sensor is located?

The sensor is usually foamed in at the back so it entails cutting a piece of foam away,it is next to the evaporator which is easily punctured. When you order the sensor from Candy it comes with instructions as to where to cut etc.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

megatron Guest

Thanks for info, I'll get one ordered.