Thread: Daikin FT35

NOVICE123 Guest

Daikin FT35

Please could I have some help wiring a new condensate pump to a Daikin FT35 indoor unit? There are 5 cables on the pump:
    Brown - live
    Blue - neutral
    Green/yellow - earth

OK so far.....

then...

Purple - N closed
    Grey - Common
    Orange - N Open

The indoor unit only has four terminals - Earth, Live, Common and Neutral.

I am stuck as to where to wire the N Closed and N Open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Daikin FT35

Best advice:
    RTFM

Hi Novice

try the link

http://www.daikinac.com/residential/...c=docs&page=28

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Hi Novice,

Ideally the pump should be wired from it's own power supply so as not to interfere with any communoctaions between indoor and outdoor.

Do you intend to use the alarm function on the pump at all? This should help identify what to do with the purple, grey and orange wires.

Check the wiring manual in Chillermans link. First off (and very important) can you identify the 4 wiring terminals and their use in the system?
    If you intend to use the supply from the indoor unit (not right but it's commonly done), it's important to wire it right. Something tells me you are getting neutral and common muddled up.

Try the link and get back if you need a bit more help,

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

http://www.aspenpumps.com/en/downloads.html
    here goes, the 3 wire alarm cable test continuity from ur common(orange from memory) to the other wire(purple from memory)
    live from the outdoor wire 1 if sy
    fit a terminal block(5amp rated) connect ur live to pump,orange alarm wire,the other alarm wire connect to 1 on the indoor unit,
    N wire off pump,connect to no2 onto the indoor terminal2 wire 3 on sy connect to terminal 3 on indoor unit-this way if the pump gauze is clogging up and the pump is struggling to shift the condensate then this will stop the ac unit until the the pump shifts the water and restarts.if u run the comms line though the pump alarm circiut you will have problems. tape the terminal block up,and dyno tape a label stating that the pump failsafe stops unit-hope u understand me lingo!!

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    http://www.aspenpumps.com/en/downloads.html
    here goes, the 3 wire alarm cable test continuity from ur common(orange from memory) to the other wire(purple from memory)
    live from the outdoor wire 1 if sy
    fit a terminal block(5amp rated) connect ur live to pump,orange alarm wire,the other alarm wire connect to 1 on the indoor unit,
    N wire off pump,connect to no2 onto the indoor terminal2 wire 3 on sy connect to terminal 3 on indoor unit-this way if the pump gauze is clogging up and the pump is struggling to shift the condensate then this will stop the ac unit until the the pump shifts the water and restarts.if u run the comms line though the pump alarm circiut you will have problems. tape the terminal block up,and dyno tape a label stating that the pump failsafe stops unit-hope u understand me lingo!!
    Whats that new signature all about ??? "<my mrs hates me because of the last signature!!!>"

haha-shes dropped her dummy but ive got me bank card-its only temporary till i find another classic! hows the daughter??? -get her tarted up and send her to blackpool to meet mad fridgie!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Whats that new signature all about ??? "<my mrs hates me because of the last signature!!!>"

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    haha-shes dropped her dummy but ive got me bank card-its only temporary till i find another classic! hows the daughter??? -get her tarted up and send her to blackpool to meet mad fridgie!!!!
    Does this help http://litemind.com/best-famous-quotes/

& oit she may be a little cow but still my little cow, am sure 'mad' with have plenty of choice of tarts in blackpool, just have to watch out for the ladyboys

R's chillerman

if all newbies went to franks thread 2079 thread and say theyve passed-who would know otherwise??????? maybe an initiation test like show us how u flare!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Does this help http://litemind.com/best-famous-quotes/

& oit she may be a little cow but still my little cow, am sure 'mad' with have plenty of choice of tarts in blackpool, just have to watch out for the ladyboys

R's chillerman