Thread: trane rtad108

trane rtad108

evening guru's a customer wants his r22 chiller decomissioning due to the site is being vacated .currently it has 30kg r22r in since a recent repair to a fractured 1/4 line. the customer may want this chiller reinstating in a few years, what r22 replacement do trane recommend? is isceon 59 ok and will i need an oil change/flushing/new driers and oil filter??
    please advise ta

Re: trane rtad108

hello!! 23hrs and not 1 reply!! i do have my 2079!!

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    evening guru's a customer wants his r22 chiller decomissioning due to the site is being vacated .currently it has 30kg r22r in since a recent repair to a fractured 1/4 line. the customer may want this chiller reinstating in a few years, what r22 replacement do trane recommend? is isceon 59 ok and will i need an oil change/flushing/new driers and oil filter??
    please advise ta
    Hi Mr 2079,

do you have to pull the charge from it .... no (can be craned off site still)

pull the fuses in the panel give to customer for safe keeping (he will loose them ! So you can charge when recommisioned for new) You can buy lock-out kit for chillers isolator & lock it out, fill in your details, include contact details,

Trip supply breakers at distribution board, Tape up & mark do not run/electrical fault Isolation required

Job done mate

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

hello cm -are you qualified in giving me relevent information?? do you have a gold blue peter badge or your 200mtr swimming or any other achievment? the chiller in question has had leaks on the oil cooler section of the condenser,bellows on the oil pressure switch, 1/4 line to pressure switch to start up the fans, so customer wants it degassing,i recommended adding a sniff of nitro to 3psi to keep everything sweet.
    the college may reopen in 12mths time or 5yr time.
    air cooled condenser,discharging within a plantroom with a louvred wall 2mtr away!! used to trip out on hp in summer,customer eventually had discharge air ducted to outside,theres loads of lil defects on this ,ill take photos of it tomoz and e mail u.obviously i will be locking off the isolator labelling the system of work done,ammending the
    F GAS sheet and draining the evap, buffer tank,fan coils etc,got a busy week!!

you said you repaired it .... dodgy trader .... tell him to call an engineer

& reason behind leaving charge in it was so as per f-gas, you can charge to do regular checks on it still

there was no mention its low - scrap it or go R422d then !

Your interupting my 'shameless' with all these questions you should know

Stop pulling my plonker ! or I will inform RB you bought that 2079

i did this is over a 7 yr period and there is 2 chillers on site, 1 currently has dropped its gas- again leak on oil cooler sectiond=s of the cond but when u see how many startups compared to run hrs!!! its a croc of ****e,1 chiller was dropped on installation, 1 inch flow switches in a 1 inch pocket so the paddle catches on the sides, no balance valve to evenly distribute flow rates through evaps,undersized circ pumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    you said you repaired it .... dodgy trader .... tell him to call an engineer

& reason behind leaving charge in it was so as per f-gas, you can charge to do regular checks on it still

there was no mention its low - scrap it or go R422d then !

Your interupting my 'shameless' with all these questions you should know

Stop pulling my plonker ! or I will inform RB you bought that 2079

Well do as discussed & fill out full dilapidation on units & water circuits .... so they know what to expect when/if they ask for recomissioning, that way they will not think your having them over ... thats then your chance to do it right

If I find numerous faults on site like that .... I list them all on every visit, if they have money for repairs or not they still need regular highlighting .... so when the one working system falls over you have paper trail to say - you have told them all along

but again your still pulling me plonker if you all ready know this

is there anything you DO need answering ?

how can this thread go off topic??

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    how can this thread go off topic??
    It can't it's your thread your topics

speaking of which can we add some pictures now, something a bit more interesting than RTAD though ?

can we Mesiah --- a bit of fluff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NquFVO44lvg

R's chillerman
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 06-09-2011 at 11:29 PM.